While this year it has become easier to find alcoholic popsicles, we still think it’s fun to make your own. This recipe was inspired by our friend Allison’s watermelon cucumber cocktail – from a pre-Covid Memorial party a couple years back. It was delish – thanks Allison!
- 2 heaping cups of cubed watermelon
- 2 tbsp diced cucumber – My first couple of batches had too much cucumber – not recommended! I also was happier with a normal cucumber rather than an English Cucumber (which is shown in the video below)
- 1 1/2 shots vodka – or go for 2 if 1 1/2 just doesn’t seem like enough 😉
You will also need:
- Small funnel – I bought collapsible funnel set from Amazon which was easy to use and inexpensive. I have since used them for a multitude of different things. They are just good to have around.
- Popsicle molds – I used 100 pcs ZIP-A-POP disposable DIY Popsicle Molds Highly recommended and can be used for all kinds of fun popsicles for kids!
Once you have the tools, have fun with this! Try your own concoctions – Pinterest has a lot of great ideas too. Be sure to come back and comment if you find any other winners! Here’s a video of my first attempt at making them. We are getting crazy hi-tech here people!